Saturday, January 24, 2009

Hi everyone, this week is the last week before the Chinese New Year holidays. So many things happened to me within this week. Most are good things while some are bad things. This week I went to the college as usual to attend my lesson. But the most interesting lesson for this week was the English lesson because this week my group and I had done a presentation from the chapter The Great Mouse Plot in the novel Boy Tales of Childhood.

We chose this chapter because it is the most interesting chapter as compared to other chapters in the novel. Besides, my group only consists of 5 members and all of them are staying at the same house. So, it was more suitable and easier for us to practice for the presentation. We practiced until midnight and it was not as easy as I expected because I had to memorise the dialogues, and kept repeating the acting to make it perfect in front of the audience. But it was really enjoyable for me and other members of my group.

First, let me introduce the characters first. For the character, I chose to be Roald Dahl, while Aizat chose to be Thwaites. Aqil chose to be Mr Coombes, and Izat acted as one of Roald Dahl’s friends. And most importantly was Mrs Pretchett played by Firdaus. We took about a day to memorise the dialogues and practice for the acting.
For the Great Mouse plot, we prepared the ‘mouse’ by using the computer mouse and drew a pair of eyes and a mouth for the ‘mouse’ and for the Gobstopper’s jar, we took a plastic jar and put some fake sweets inside the jar. For the cane used by Mr Coombes ( the headmaster), Aqil used a belt to cane the boys.

For the first chapter, it was so interesting especially the part when Roald Dahl wanted to put the dead mouse into Gobstopper’s jar as well as when Roald Dahl and his friends had to face with Mrs Pretchett and at the same time the actor for Mrs Pretchett has to be one of Roald Dahl’s friend. For the next chapter, the acting was very funny especially to see the poster of my face entitled WANTED FOR MURDER because Roald Dahl was blamed by Thwaites saying that he had killed Mrs Pretchett and had caused her to suffer from heart attack. But at the end of the chapter, they saw Mrs Pretchett was talking to Mr Coombes and realized that she was still alive.And in fact, I created the poster.

For the last part of the acting, the Mrs Pretchett’s revenge, it was the most difficult part for me as Roald Dahl because I had to bend myself and waiting for my turn to be caned by Mr Coombes.Then after been caned by Mr Coombes, came the funniest part of all the parts in the acting that is when Mrs Pretchett said to Mr Coombes, ‘I am much obliged to you’. And he replied back by saying ‘ I am much obliged to you too’.
It was very funny to see both of them. We ended our presentation at 5 p.m. in the evening and it takes about almost ten to fifteen minutes to finish the whole presentation.

The next day was the first day for the Chinese New Year holidays. Everyone was preparing themselves to go back to their hometown. I also went back to my hometown on Friday evening. So before I end my blog for this week, I hope that everyone will have an enjoyable ‘Alam Ria Cuti Sekolah’.Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy your group's role play performance very much. I couldn't stop laughing throughout the play. I laughed the hardest when I saw the paper of your as the 'murderer'. Hahaha your group is so fun to watch. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hafeez! why did u tear up the 'wanted' paper???
    maybe you can print it out again! we can paste it on the walls of our classroom. art and deco~ :D
    "hafeez the wanted murderer"
    dat sounds sooo cool. heheh~

    ReplyDelete